Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
RV INSURANCE FOR THE ROAD… IN OHIO AND BEYOND
Recreational Vehicle (RV) owners are a special breed, especially here in Ohio. Like most RV owners, Ohio RV owners love to take to the highway because they know traveling is more than just a means to get from point "A" to point "B." But here in Ohio, RV owners have to consider winter weather and bad road conditions when thinking about RV insurance.
Insurance aside, RV owners know the journey means as much as the destination.
While RV fans enjoy being on the road and getting away, many mistakenly assume that RV insurance is about the same as car insurance.
In fact, if you don't have proper insurance for your RV, you may face financial hardship if you should have an accident.
WHAT MAKES RV INSURANCE UNIQUE?
RV Insurance is like two policies in one: it protects your vehicle like car insurance and it also protects your living area like home insurance.
Collision and road emergencies are definite risks to insure against. But when you are camping or parked, your RV becomes your home and needs to be protected against theft, fire, liability and other disasters.
Insurance for motor homes is specially designed to protect people that travel – whether that’s across the State of Ohio or across the United States. And because your vehicle is usually larger than others, you should have greater liability coverage than standard autos, and this is only one important coverage option you might consider.
WHO NEEDS RV INSURANCE?
There are several classes of recreational vehicles and they each need special insurance:
- Class A covers RVs built like large commercial buses
- Class B vehicles resemble vans, but have taller ceilings so you can stand up inside
- Class C vehicles are large vehicles made from trucks or vans
- STANDARD MOTORHOME INSURANCE
- Standard RV insurance policy coverage will depend on your RV. Units that are motorized need the same kind of coverage as your car.
If you only plan to vacation once or twice a year, you may be able to get by with seasonal coverage. Trailer RVs will need insurance coverage for damage, both on and off the road.
OPTIONS FOR YOUR RV INSURANCE POLICY
When you insure your RV, you might want to consider these important options:
- Insurance for full-time RVers
- Camper liability — since you are responsible for what happens inside your mobile home and on the lot or camp site where it’s parked (just like your house).
- Extra bodily injury and property damage liability is not uncommon, especially if you have an expensive and large RV.
- 24-hour roadside assistance is a worthwhile feature that could really save you time and money even if you only use it once. And if you never need it, what peace of mind!
- Emergency expense money
- Total loss coverage
- RV contents coverage
- Insurance for any ATVs you may be towing, both for damage they may sustain while getting towed or being driven.
WHY WE'RE DIFFERENT
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but it won’t be long before realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
Take time to educate yourself and ask questions. As experienced independent insurance agents, the team here at The Insurance Pad is qualified to help guide you on the road to peace of mind… on the road and off.
Reach out to Kim, Kristy or Sam and let us know what you’re concerned or confused about. Between the three of us, we have a combined 54 years helping people like you secure the right insurance to safeguard your assets and your lifestyle.
Get to know us a little better (and tell us about you) when you visit our Cooking with Insurance blog or join our community of savvy shoppers on Facebook and Instagram where you’ll enjoy a weekly dose of entertainment and education about insurance hacks AND our featured Ohio sports talk and cooking adventures.