Auto Insurance Information
Begin Your Auto Insurance Quote
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Bodily Injury - liability coverage that pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury as well as property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
While Ohio does have minimum coverage requirements, we encourage you to talk to one of our insurance experts at 216-464-3333 and get a custom coverage plan for your specific needs. By assessing your risks, additional coverage could protect you against loss of assets. The value of what you have to lose in the event you cause an accident should play a role in determining your amount of coverage. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
What is financial responsibility?
In Ohio, it is illegal to drive any car without insurance or proof of financial responsibility. It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- It is illegal for any car owner to allow another person (not on your policy) to drive the car without proof of their financial responsibility proof. Individual must provide and maintain insurance or get a bond to provide that proof.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
We are your advocate for finding car insurance in Cleveland that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.